Speech and Language Pathology Program
Speech language pathologists (SLP) help increase the quality of life for those who have impairments or limitations in speech, language or communication disorders as well as swallowing and feeding disorders. Our specially trained therapists work with a variety of neurological diagnoses such as brain injury, spinal cord injury, stroke, neuromuscular diseases, neurological diseases, as well as autism, dysphasia or swallowing disorder, aphasia or speech disorder, or developmental disability.
How We Treat
Our speech and language pathologists diagnose, treat and prevent speech, language, and communication disorders in children and adults. Through various specialized testing and thorough evaluations we can identify the issues and create appropriate treatment plans to improve communication. We work collaboratively with you, your physician, you and/or your child’s family, school or any other community provider to achieve your goals.
In addition, our Swallowing Clinic diagnoses and treats feeding and swallowing disorders in children and adults. We complete the necessary assessments in order to accurately diagnose and create appropriate treatment plans. You and/or your child will receive ongoing treatment to teach new strategies and be provided strengthening exercises to improve function in order to increase safe, tolerant and healthy eating and drinking.
- LSVT LOUD® Program to improve vocal quality and loudness for adults with neurological conditions
- Communication Groups to practice previous learned skills with other individuals all supervised by an SLP
- Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallow (FEES) Testing
- Modified Barium Swallow testing
- Pediatric Speech Pathology Services
- Specialized equipment to measure voice production (Visipitch) and to provide biofeedback on productions
- Swallow Strengthening tools, equipment, and biofeedback
- Support Groups
Once a prescription from a physician is received, a thorough evaluation is completed. We work in partnership with you and your doctor to coordinate your care to achieve the highest results.