Volunteers are a vital part of supporting our mission to rebuild lives. Our volunteers come from a variety of backgrounds and share a common interest to serve the community. By becoming a volunteer, you become a part of our community and make the experience of our patients, their families, and our staff more meaningful and positive. Often, our volunteers say they get back more than they give. The truth is that patients and staff benefit much more than volunteers can imagine.
Below are our current opportunities for volunteers. We will work with you to place you in a role that best suits your interests and skills. Volunteer Orientation will be provided, including education and training specific to your role. A minimum commitment of approximately 2-3 hours per week for 4-6 months is required.
- Adaptive Sports
- Ambassador/Information Desk
- Autism Center
- Dining Companion
- Food Services (silverware packaging)
- Inpatient Therapy Partner
- Joy of Art! Committee
- Manes & Motions
- Nursing Unit Support
- Outpatient Therapy Partner
- Staff Hospitality Station Volunteer
- Therapeutic Recreation
- Unit Secretary
Summer Volunteer Program
The Summer Volunteer Experience is a 9-week program for teens to explore healthcare as a future career. The deadline to apply is May 3, 2024. To apply for the program, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a high school student, age 14 or older.
- Must be available a minimum of 7 weeks of the 9-week program
- Attend a discussion about career exploration
- Attend Health Care Career Exploration Day
- Free Parking
- Meal vouchers (with a 4+ hours shift)
- Reduced membership fee at the Aquatic & Fitness Center (after six months of continued service)
- Free annual flu shot
- Recognition Events
Create your account on the portal to apply for a volunteer role. Your application will be reviewed once you have created your account. Applications are reviewed as volunteer roles become available.
Interviews with volunteer services and program staff help us assign the most qualified applicant to each position. You must be chosen for a position and complete the onboarding process prior to signing up for events on the portal.
Sign in to the Volunteer Portal to:
- Update your contact information
- View your calendar
- Sign up for your shifts or cancel your shifts
- Review education packets/volunteer resources
- View your direct supervisor’s contact information
- Complete required training
- See how many hours you’ve contributed