Community Access – Now Open
For your health and safety, we are committed to following the mandatory guidelines and best practices outlined in the State of Connecticut re-opening plan. We have taken a number of steps to protect the health and well-being of our members, patients and staff, which include implementing enhanced cleanliness and sanitation policies and procedures, physical distancing measures, capacity restrictions and mask requirements.
What You Need to Know Prior to Returning
- Members are required to wear a face mask that covers their mouth and nose at all times.
- Upon arrival, members will have their temperature taken and participate in a brief health screening.
- Members must follow all posted requirements regarding physical distancing, traffic flow, restricted areas, and room capacities.
- Locker rooms will be open, but these amenities remain temporarily unavailable: Towel service, water fountains, showers and swim suit spinners.
- Members will be required to disinfect equipment before and after each use.
- Guests will not be permitted in the Center at this time.
The Aquatic and Fitness Center has implemented a new registration system to manage capacity and maintain social distancing guidelines. All members will be required to reserve a workout time in the fitness center, fitness pool or therapy pool in advance through the Member Portal.
In fairness to all, members may not reserve more than one (1) hour time slot per day. We ask that you please be courteous and un-register if you are unable to attend so that other members may have the opportunity to sign-up. We will not be accepting walk-in visits so please do not visit the Center unless you have a reservation.
About the Aquatics & Fitness Center
Our Aquatic and Fitness Center is a beautiful, 27,000 square foot facility featuring two indoor pools, a fitness center and strength training room. Those rehabilitating after an injury or those looking to build strength and improve overall health and wellness are able to use the fully accessible facility. Membership is open to the community.
Our therapy 92 degree warm-water pool is a special purpose pool designed to help reduce pain during and after aquatic therapy and is open to members with special health needs. Our 84-degree fitness pool features a recreational swim area and lap lanes open to all members. Both the therapy and fitness pools offer accessibility via chair lift, transfer wall, and stair and ladder entrances. In addition, a zero-depth ramp is available in our therapy pool.
The fitness center features cardiovascular and strength-training equipment designed to improve aerobic endurance, muscular strength and flexibility. Much of our equipment is specifically designed for ease of use by individuals living with disabilities.
- Private and group swim instruction by a trained Red Cross Water Safety Instructor open to all levels and ages and abilities
- Water Exercise Classes
- Aquatic Therapy
- Personal Training Services
- Three accessible locker rooms as well as customized changing areas
- Pools, Fitness Center and locker rooms are wheelchair accessible
- The WAVE Swim Team is open to any swimmer living with a physical disability who wishes to compete
- Pulmonary Exercise Program to maintain physical fitness levels achieved during Pulmonary Rehabilitation
The pools are closed during thunder and lightning storms; however, the Fitness Center does remain open. The Aquatic and Fitness Center may open late or close early due to inclement weather.
Monday – Friday 6:00 am to 8:00 pm
Saturday 6:00 am to 1:00 pm
Fitness and Therapy Pools
Monday – Friday 6:00 am to 7:00 pm
Saturday 6:00 am to 12:00 pm
Membership to the Aquatic and Fitness Center is open to residents of all communities.
- Access to pools, fitness center and strength training room
- Complimentary towel service
- Orientation to the fitness center with our certified Exercise Specialist
- Discounted rates on aquatic fitness classes and swim lessons
- Access to online Member Portal for reservations
If you have SilverSneakers or Prime, please call 877-472-7665 or email [email protected] for membership information.