What You Need to Know Prior to Joining
Safety Protocols in Place
For the health and safety of our members, patients and staff, we will continue to implement enhanced cleanliness and sanitation policies and procedures throughout the day to ensure the safest environment possible. In addition:
- Members will continue to use the self-check temperature screening kiosk when entering the building but will no longer be required to communicate your temperature reading to front desk staff. Important Note: When you visit the Center you are attesting that you do not have a temperature > 100 degrees F and that you have no symptoms of COVID-19 or any other infectious disease that could put our patients, community members and staff at risk.
- Members are required to wear a face mask at all times within the Center with the exception of when swimming and showering.
- Hand sanitizing stations and disinfectant wipes will be provided throughout the facility. Members will be required to disinfect equipment before and after use.
- Guests will not be permitted at this time.
Effective Monday, June 14, 2021, the Aquatic and Fitness Center will remove all COVID-19 restrictions, with the exception of face masks, and return to normal operations.
What guidelines have changed?
What guidelines have changed?
- The changes in social distancing requirements will allow us to discontinue the use of the reservation system. Members will have open access to the Center during the designated days and times identified on the program schedule. The schedule will be subject to change due to seasonal programming. You will be notified of any changes in advance through email and posted notice at the front desk.
- Capacity restrictions will no longer be in effect in the locker rooms, fitness center, strength training room (small gym) and fitness pool.
- All lockers will be open.
- Members will continue to use the self-check temperature screening kiosk when entering the building but will no longer be required to communicate your temperature reading to front desk staff.
Do I still need to wear a face mask?
CDC guidelines still require masking in hospitals. The Aquatic and Fitness Center is used for the provision of health care services by hospital patients and community members simultaneously. For the safety of all, the current mask guidelines will remain in place at this time.
- Swimming- wear your mask to and from the pool and remove it before entering the water.
How does this impact my use of the fitness center?
- All equipment in the fitness center will be available for use.
- The fitness center will be reserved exclusively for patients Monday/Wednesday/Friday, 11:00am – 12:15pm and 1:45pm – 3:00pm; Tuesday/Thursday, 12:15pm – 1:30pm. The strength training room (small gym) will be open to members during these times.
How does this impact my use of the pools?
- You will need to bring your own towel. Towel service will remain unavailable until further notice.
- Flotation belts, noodles, neck collars, orange aqua spheres and paddles will be available for use. You are welcome to bring your own equipment.
- Pools will be closed to all members Monday – Friday, 11:30pm – 12:00pm for intraday cleaning.
- Maximum capacity will be 20 members. A flip counter will be stationed by the pool stairs for members to use upon entering and exiting the pool. Please be considerate and limit your time in the water if other members are waiting to use the pool.
- The pool will be reserved exclusively for class participants and will not be open to members when aquatic fitness classes are taking place. Please refer to the program schedule for exact days and times.
- Two treatment stations will be reserved poolside for Aquatic therapy. Please maintain social distancing around these areas.
- There will be 4 lanes designated for lap swimming. The remaining space will be available for open swim.
- Lap Lanes are first come first serve. Circle swimming is required if there are more than 4 lap swimmers.
- One to three lanes will be reserved for class participants when aquatic fitness classes are being conducted. Please refer to the program schedule for exact days and times.
- The pool will be reserved exclusively for WAVE swim team practice on Tuesday’s from 6:00pm – 7:00pm. Members will be able to access to the therapy pool during this time.
Membership to the Aquatic and Fitness Center is open to residents of all communities by monthly electronic funds transfer (EFT) from your checking or savings account or credit or debit card. Monthly dues will be charged to your account on the 1st of the month.
- Access to pools, fitness center and strength training room during specified days and times
- Orientation to the fitness center with our certified Exercise Specialist
- Discounted rates on aquatic fitness classes and swim lessons
If you have SilverSneakers or Prime, please call 877-472-7665 or email [email protected] to join.