Sunday – Saturday 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Some units require advanced notice for visits. Please contact the unit before your first visit to ask about restrictions.
A full-service cafeteria is available to visitors and staff Monday – Friday, 11:00 am – 1:15 pm. Offerings include hot entrees, grilled items, sandwiches, salads, desserts and beverages. Coffee and soda vending machines are located near the cafeteria. Microwaves to heat food items are available in the main dining room. The Kitchen of Futures Inc. coffee shop is open Monday-Friday 6:00 am – 4:00 pm.
The Avanti Market, a self-service food option available 24/7, is located in the main hospital dining area. This micro market carries a wide variety of food, beverage, and snack items. In order to gain access to the Avanti Market, please dial “0” on the phone located next to the entry and request access from our Security Department. Directions for scanning the item and swiping to pay are available inside the market. Please note, the Avanti Market accepts Credit/Debit, Android and Apple Pay only, NO CASH.
Depending on a diet, you may or may not be permitted to bring in food from outside the hospital for your loved one to eat. Ask a unit nurse for dietary restrictions prior to bringing food or snacks for your loved one.
- Community rooms and courtyards are open for social activity
- The Health Sciences Library & Resource Center offers educational materials, computer access, and a media room to watch a movie or to use Wii® Fit equipment
- Family housing at our Family Guest House
- Good Cause Gifts shop
- Taking photographs, video and audio recordings are not allowed to ensure patient privacy
- Our campus is smoke and tobacco-free; vapor products and electronic cigarettes are also prohibited
500 Blue Hills Avenue
Hartford, CT 06112
(On the Mount Sinai Campus of St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center)
The 23-bed satellite unit provides additional treatment and services for patients requiring 24-hour nursing care and/or rehabilitative services for their medically-complex conditions and health needs.