Parkinson’s Disease Program
Our interdisciplinary team knows that Parkinson’s disease affects everyone differently. That’s why we customize our approach to fit your needs. From the early symptoms, to the later stages, we are here to help you face and overcome the challenges of living with Parkinson’s disease. We take a multidisciplinary approach to treat your individual symptoms, such as, tremors, slowed movement, impaired balance, speech and swallow difficulties, stiffness, mood changes and other non-motor symptoms. We believe in treating your disease holistically, caring for your body, mind and spirit, because we know Parkinson’s disease affects all aspects of your life.
How We Treat
We believe in an integrative and team approach to caring for your Parkinson’s disease. And we encourage you to take an active role in caring for yourself. Treatment plans are designed to meet your individual needs while managing your medications and evaluating their effectiveness. You will learn how to live with your Parkinson’s disease through therapy, as well as with advice on nutrition and exercise that you can apply in your daily activities. Our goal is to help you have greater confidence managing your disease so you can live life to the fullest.
- Before and after care, screening tests and counseling for Deep Brain Stimulation surgery
- Beat Parkinson’s Today Exercise Classes
- Outpatient Therapy for physical, occupational, speech and aquatic rehabilitation
- Aquatic & Fitness Center community memberships to continue skills and exercises learned
- Support Groups
- Botulinum toxin (Botox) injections for persons with dystonia
- Acupuncture and trigger point needling to help with a variety of conditions ranging from the non-motor symptoms of Parkinson’s disease to musculoskeletal pain and headaches
This program is funded in part by a generous grant from the Maximilian E. and Marion O. Hoffman Foundation, Inc.