Parkinson’s Disease Program
Our interdisciplinary team knows that Parkinson’s disease affects everyone differently. That’s why we customize our approach to fit your needs. From the early symptoms, to the later stages, we are here to help you face and overcome the challenges of living with Parkinson’s disease. We take a multidisciplinary approach to treat your individual symptoms, such as, tremors, slowed movement, impaired balance, speech and swallow difficulties, stiffness, mood changes and other non-motor symptoms. We believe in treating your disease holistically, caring for your body, mind and spirit, because we know Parkinson’s disease affects all aspects of your life.
How We Treat
We believe in an integrative and team approach to caring for your Parkinson’s disease. And we encourage you to take an active role in caring for yourself. Treatment plans are designed to meet your individual needs while managing your medications and evaluating their effectiveness. You will learn how to live with your Parkinson’s disease through therapy, as well as with advice on nutrition and exercise that you can apply in your daily activities. Our goal is to help you have greater confidence managing your disease so you can live life to the fullest.
Occupational, physical, speech and swallow, and aquatic therapy are completed to manage symptoms.
RN Care Coordination
Our nurse care coordinators are experts in managing our integrative and team approach to caring for your Parkinson’s disease. We coordinate care between you, your PCP and other specialists.
LSVT Big® therapy program works on your arm and leg movement to improve your functioning, such as more stable walking with bigger steps, better balance and trunk rotation.
LSVT Loud® therapy program works to improve your breathing, voice and speech function.
- Before and after care, screening tests and counseling for Deep Brain Stimulation surgery
- Outpatient Therapy for physical, occupational, speech and aquatic rehabilitation
- Aquatic & Fitness Center community memberships to continue skills and exercises learned
- Botulinum toxin injections for persons with dystonia
- SPEAK OUT!® and The LOUD Crowd® – a two-part speech therapy program to help individuals with Parkinson’s regain and maintain effective communication
- Social work programs to enhance the care provided and your overall well-being, including support and resource groups, and counseling.
This program is funded in part by a generous grant from the Maximilian E. and Marion O. Hoffman Foundation, Inc.
100% are not prescribed contraindicated medications.
94% feel supported for self-care management.
94% scheduled follow up appointments to proactively manage the disease.