Knowledge is Power – Stay Informed
The health and safety of our patients and staff remains at the center of what we do.
Make sure to check this page often. We are providing regular updates regarding COVID-19 information from experts on our staff, protections in place here at HFSC and resources for additional information. Specific questions relating to patient care may be directed to our patient information line at 860-223-9077.
- Effective at 8:00 PM on March 11, 2020, we are suspending all visits to our inpatient units to reduce the risk of infection for our patients. We understand that this is an inconvenience and thank you in advance for your cooperation as we act with an abundance of caution to keep your loved ones safe.
- Scheduled outpatient medical appointments will be continued and screening efforts will continue to assess risk due to travel, exposure, symptoms, including temperature, or other risk factors. Patient caregivers may accompany patients as needed. Please bring only those individuals essential to your care to your appointment.
Requesting Medical Records
- We strongly encourage individuals requesting medical records to submit the request via fax at 860-827-4837 or email at ROI@hfsc.org. Detailed instructions, such as required information to include with the request, may be found on the Medical Records section of our website.
Community Programs and Events
- All hospital volunteer services and part-time student clinical rotations are suspended effective Wednesday, March 11, 2020 until further notice.
- The Aquatics & Fitness Center is closed to community members until further notice.
- Our Equipment Exchange program has temporarily suspended activities and will not be processing equipment requests or accepting donations at this time.
- Our Manes & Motions Therapeutic Riding Center, located in Middletown, has suspended all participant and volunteer activities until further notice.
- A number of our events and support groups have been cancelled or rescheduled. Please check our events calendar for updates. Our therapy aftercare groups have been cancelled for the remainder of March. This includes the Communication Group, Reach Beyond – OT Group, Lowd Crowd, Parkinsons Functional Maintenance Group and Adaptive Yoga.
International travel was initially the main source of COVID-19 infection in the United States, however an increasing number of states are, or may soon, experience community-spread. Please think seriously about the safety of yourself, your family, your community and our patients when visiting our facilities and making personal travel plans.
Play it Smart – Play it Safe!
With proper precautions you can protect yourself, your family, your communities and our patients.
Helpful resources for factual, up to date information and resources