Knowledge is Power – Stay Informed
The health and safety of our patients and staff remains at the center of what we do.
Make sure to check this page often. We are providing regular updates regarding COVID-19 information from experts on our staff, protections in place here at HFSC and resources for additional information.
Access to our facilities and campuses remains limited. Help us keep everyone safe and do not visit our building or grounds unless you are: an employee, an approved vendor/contractor, have a scheduled outpatient visit or a scheduled visitation.
Unauthorized visitors will be asked to leave the property.
We discharged our first rehabilitated COVID-19 patient from their COVID-19 recovery unit April 29. Michael Kelly, a 63 year old father of 3 had been in acute care for weeks after being diagnosed with COVID-19 in early March. Staff sent him home with a special celebration.
Visitation has been updated as of September 28, 2020. Please visit here for Visiting Information. Your continued patience and cooperation with this process is greatly appreciated.
- We have begun to schedule some outpatient visits at our facility including critical medical services for patients with needs that cannot be met in other ways at physician discretion. Many patients are now also seen in our growing telemedicine practice. Please call 860-827-4924 to make a telehealth appointment in the Outpatient Clinic and 860-832-6258 for a telehealth appointment in Outpatient Rehab Therapies or to inquire about other options.
Requesting Medical Records
- We strongly encourage individuals requesting medical records to submit the request via fax at 860-827-4837 or email at ROI@hfsc.org. Detailed instructions, such as required information to include with the request, may be found on the Medical Records section of our website.
Community Programs and Events
- Now accepting new adult volunteers.
- The Aquatics & Fitness Center is now open for therapy and community members.
- Our Equipment Exchange program has temporarily suspended activities and will not be processing equipment requests or accepting donations at this time.
- Our Manes & Motions Therapeutic Riding Center, located in Middletown, will begin a multi-phased strategy to safely and gradually reintroduce services beginning on June 1, 2020.
- A number of our events and support groups have been cancelled, rescheduled, or moved moved to virtual platforms. Please check our events calendar for updates.
Helpful resources for factual, up to date information and resources