Knowledge is Power – Stay Informed
The health and safety of our patients and staff remains at the center of what we do.
Make sure to check this page often. We are providing regular updates regarding COVID-19 information from experts on our staff, protections in place here at HFSC and resources for additional information. Specific questions relating to patient care may be directed to our patient information line at 860-223-9077.
Access to our facilities and campuses remains limited. Help us keep everyone safe and do not visit our building or grounds unless you are: an employee, an approved vendor/contractor, have a scheduled outpatient visit or a scheduled window visit.
Unauthorized visitors will be asked to leave the property.
We discharged our first rehabilitated COVID-19 patient from their COVID-19 recovery unit April 29. Michael Kelly, a 63 year old father of 3 had been in acute care for weeks after being diagnosed with COVID-19 in early March. Staff sent him home with a special celebration.
We suspended all in-person visits to our inpatient units to reduce the risk of infection for our patients in March.
Hospital for Special Care remains under an order from the State of CT Department of Public Health that prohibits in-person visits at long term care facilities like ours. Over the past two months we have facilitated thousands of virtual visits to help people stay connected. In-person visits may be scheduled for pediatric patients only.
There is not currently a projected date for this to change. Keeping your loved one safe and protected from the COVID-19 virus remains our first priority.
We understand that this is an inconvenience and thank you in advance for your cooperation as we act with an abundance of caution to keep your loved ones safe.
- We have begun to schedule some outpatient visits at our facility including critical medical services for patients with needs that cannot be met in other ways at physician discretion. Many patients are now also seen in our growing telemedicine practice. Please call 860-827-4924 to make a telehealth appointment in the Outpatient Clinic and 860-832-6258 for a telehealth appointment in Outpatient Rehab Therapies or to inquire about other options.
Requesting Medical Records
- We strongly encourage individuals requesting medical records to submit the request via fax at 860-827-4837 or email at ROI@hfsc.org. Detailed instructions, such as required information to include with the request, may be found on the Medical Records section of our website.
Community Programs and Events
- All hospital volunteer services and part-time student clinical rotations are suspended effective Wednesday, March 11, 2020 until further notice.
- The Aquatics & Fitness Center is closed to community members until further notice.
- Our Equipment Exchange program has temporarily suspended activities and will not be processing equipment requests or accepting donations at this time.
- Our Manes & Motions Therapeutic Riding Center, located in Middletown, will begin a multi-phased strategy to safely and gradually reintroduce services beginning on June 1, 2020.
- A number of our events and support groups have been cancelled, rescheduled, or moved moved to virtual platforms. Please check our events calendar for updates.
Helpful resources for factual, up to date information and resources