Partial Hospital Program
The Partial Hospital Program provides a step-down/step-up solution for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and their families. This unique service provides effective supports for children to transition successfully back into the community following an inpatient stay, and helps others improve safety at home and in school with the hope of preventing hospitalization and Emergency Room visits. As a family-based program, our team works closely with caregivers to build confidence in responding to challenging behaviors.
How We Treat
This program is a short-term, intensive day program for individuals with ASD who are not able to safely participate in treatment or school programs and may be at risk for, or stepping down from, an inpatient hospitalization. Our multidisciplinary team works with you and your child to design and implement a behavior intervention plan. This plan addresses challenges in an optimized small-group therapeutic environment. Family involvement plays a key role in your child’s care to learn new techniques, reach individualized goals, and maintain improvements in behavior after discharge.
Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA):
An individualized behavior intervention plan improves adaptive skills, peer relationships, emotion regulation, and problem-solving or coping skills using the principles of Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA).
Caregiver involvement is essential to reduce family stress, reach goals, and maintain your child’s improvements after discharge. Our staff supports you in required weekly parent training sessions, and provides structured activities and environments where both you and child can succeed.
Occupational and Speech Therapy:
Occupational therapists, and speech/language pathologists, and other clinicians work with your child in the small-group setting. Self-care, social communication, leisure skills, emotion regulation, and others may be addressed in these groups.
- This first-of-its-kind, Partial Hospital Program provides a step-down/step-up solution for children with ASD and their families.
- This program expands resources to meet the needs of children who would benefit from this level of care.
- Our multidisciplinary staff has extensive experience, understanding of associated strengths, and treatment of associated behavioral challenges.
- Our inpatient and partial hospital facility is designed specifically for children and adolescents with ASD. The facility has its own dedicated entrance and welcoming center, and an outdoor recreation area, all in a welcoming, therapeutic milieu.
To be considered for admission your child must fit the following criteria:
- Be ages 4-21
- Have a documented primary diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Requires daily monitoring (Monday through Friday), support, and intervention to stabilize safe behaviors and reduce challenging behaviors
- Display challenging behaviors including aggression, self-injury, property destruction, or school refusal that significantly impair day-to-day functioning at home and/or at school
- The family and/or caregivers must have the ability to participate in the outlined program, including weekly parent trainings, and transportation to and from the program for its duration.
Discharge planning begins upon admission. Our team will collaborate with our outpatient clinic team and community providers to support the continuation of the necessary behavioral and educational programs for you and your child.