Hospital for Special Care to Offer Scholarships in the Greater New Britain AreaFebruary 2, 2016
NEW BRITAIN, Conn. (Feb. 2, 2015) – Hospital for Special Care (HFSC) welcomes scholarship applications for 2016. HFSC has added one new scholarship to the eight given over the years. Newly established, The Florence Timura Physical Therapy (PT) Scholarship is named after donor Mike Timura’s late wife Florence. The PT scholarship will provide financial assistance to an applicant who is within 24 months of completing all requirements for graduation from an entry-level PT program, including entry-level doctor of physical therapy (DPT) programs, by the start of Sept. 1, 2016. Students must graduate between Sept. 1, 2016, and Aug. 31, 2018.
In total, Timura has funded eight of the nine scholarships offered at HFSC. Applications must be postmarked by Friday, April 8, 2016. Applications postmarked after this date will not be considered. The amount for each scholarship is specified on the application.
The nine scholarships that Hospital for Special Care offers students includes:
- The Florence Timura Medical Student Scholarship
- The Florence Timura Physical Therapy Scholarship (Students pursing a physical therapy assistant (PTA) program are not eligible to apply).
- The Rona Botwinick and The Florence Timura Nursing Scholarship
- The Rona Botwinick Nursing Scholarship
- The Florence Timura Nursing Scholarship
- The Dr. Michael Timura, III Nursing Scholarship
- The Paul Sutula Nursing Scholarship
- The Elizabeth Timura Gold Star Mother Nursing Scholarship
- The John Timura Nursing Scholarship
Applications for the nursing scholarships will be sent via email to various schools in the Greater New Britain area including the towns of: New Britain, Berlin, Farmington, Plainville, Newington and Southington. Applications for the medical student scholarship will be e-mailed to the University of Connecticut School of Medicine and Yale School of Medicine. Applications for the physical therapy scholarship will be e-mailed to the University of Connecticut, University of Hartford, Sacred Heart University and Quinnipiac University.
All applications are available on our website at https://hfsc.org/careers/HSC-Scholarship-Program
Scholarship winners will be notified in June. For further information qualified candidates may call or email either Kathleen Altieri, at 860.832.6257, [email protected], Hospital for Special Care Foundation, or Maria Pietrantuono, Chair, Scholarship Committee, at 860.827.4731, [email protected].