Hospital for Special Care to Offer Scholarships in Greater New Britain AreaJanuary 24, 2017
Students to have the ability to apply for nine scholarships from HFSC
NEW BRITAIN, Conn. (Jan. 24, 2017) – Hospital for Special Care (HFSC) welcomes scholarship applications for 2017. Nine scholarships will be offered in three healthcare disciplines: medicine, nursing and physical therapy. Applications must be postmarked by April 8, 2016. Applications postmarked after this date will not be considered. The amount for each scholarship is specified on the application.
The nine scholarships that Hospital for Special Care offers students includes:
- The Florence Timura Medical Student Scholarship
- The Florence Timura Physical Therapy Scholarship (Students pursing a Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) program are not eligible to apply).
- The Rona Botwinick and The Florence Timura Nursing Scholarship
- The Rona Botwinick Nursing Scholarship
- The Florence Timura Nursing Scholarship
- The Dr. Michael Timura, III Nursing Scholarship
- The Paul Sutula Nursing Scholarship
- The Elizabeth Timura Gold Star Mother Nursing Scholarship
- The John Timura Nursing Scholarship
Applications for the nursing scholarships will be sent via e-mail to schools in the Greater New Britain area including the towns of: New Britain, Berlin, Farmington, Plainville, Newington and Southington. Applications for the medical student scholarship will be e-mailed to the University of Connecticut School of Medicine and Yale School of Medicine.
Applications for the physical therapy scholarship will be e-mailed to the University of Connecticut, University of Hartford, Sacred Heart University and Quinnipiac University. All applications are available on our website at https://hfsc.org/careers/HSC-Scholarship-Program.Scholarship winners will be notified in June. For further information qualified candidates may call Kathleen Altieri at 860.832.6257, or email [email protected], Hospital for Special Care Foundation, or Maria Pietrantuono, Chair, Scholarship Committee, at 860.827.4731, [email protected].