Hospital for Special Care Awards $34,250 in Scholarships to Eight Local StudentsJuly 15, 2018
NEW BRITAIN, Conn. (July, 2018) – Hospital for Special Care (HSC) is honoring eight area students for their academic achievements in medicine, physical therapy and nursing. The fourth Florence Timura Medical Student Scholarship is awarded to Gregory P. de Gruchy, a fourth-year medical student at University of Connecticut (UConn) School of Medicine in the amount of $12,000. The third Florence Timura Physical Therapy Scholarship is awarded to Dylan P. Roman, pursuing a doctor of physical therapy degree at University of Connecticut (UConn) in the amount of $6,000. Both scholarships are made possible through a contribution to HSC by Mike Timura, a longtime friend, business associate and benefactor of the Hospital, in honor of his wife Florence.
The following annual nursing scholarships are also awarded:
- The Rona Botwinick Nursing Scholarship: Mackenzie A. Beaupre, a freshman at Sacred Heart University, $3,000.
- The Florence Timura Nursing Scholarship: Sara E. Pierscinski, a freshman at Central Connecticut State University, Department of Nursing, $3,000.
- The Dr. Michael Timura, III Nursing Scholarship: Kaitlin M. Semmel, a sophomore at the UConn School of Nursing, $2,750.
- The Paul Sutula Nursing Scholarship: Gabriella B. Roy, a freshman at University of Connecticut, $2,500.
- The Elizabeth Timura Gold Star Mother Nursing Scholarship: Marissa R. Pettinelli, a freshman at Sacred Heart University, $2,500.
- The John Timura Nursing Scholarship: Jenna R. Arens, a senior at University of Saint Joseph, School of Nursing, $2,500
HSC scholarships are funded through the Hospital for Special Care Foundation, Inc.’s Annual Giving Program, through the generous gifts of hospital employees, and, in part, through the Advancement for Nursing Endowment Fund established by Mr. Allen Botwinick and Mr. Mike Timura in celebration of and in honor of their wives. Mr. Timura funded additional nursing scholarships.
For more information, please visit www.hfsc.org.