- Areas of Specialization
- About Us
- Patients & Families
- Contact Us
Staffed entirely by volunteers, the Special Care Equipment Exchange accepts donations of used durable medical equipment and supplies: canes, walkers, tub and shower chairs, manual wheelchairs, commodes, and raised toilet seats. This expensive equipment, not always covered by insurance, is made available, free-of-charge, to community members in need of these items.
To donate equipment
- Donors may bring equipment to the Equipment Exchange during daylight hours. Receipt forms are on the porch windowsill.
- The Exchange is not able to accept donations of hospital beds, electric wheelchairs and scooters, or electronic devices.
- The program does not have funds to purchase any equipment.
To request equipment
- An Individual in need of equipment can call and leave a voicemail message at 860.612.6302.
- A volunteer will return the call on the next business day.
- Once the caller has been notified that the item is available, he/she may pick it up from our porch during daylight hours.
Special Care Equipment Exchange
(a tan house next door to Hospital for Special Care)
2120 Corbin Avenue
New Britain, CT 06053