Hospital for Special Care (HSC) offers scholarships annually to students pursuing initial degrees in medicine, nursing and physical therapy. The amount of each scholarship is specified on the applications.
The scholarships are:
- The Florence Timura Medical Student Scholarship
Download the Medical Student application
- The Florence Timura Physical Therapy Scholarship (Students pursing a Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) program are not eligible to apply).
Download the Physical Therapy application
- The Rona Botwinick and The Florence Timura Nursing Scholarship
- The Rona Botwinick Nursing Scholarship
- The Florence Timura Nursing Scholarship
- The Dr. Michael Timura, III Nursing Scholarship
- The Paul Sutula Nursing Scholarship
- The Elizabeth Timura Gold Star Mother Nursing Scholarship
- The John Timura Nursing Scholarship
Download the Nursing application
- Eligibility requirements vary by scholarship. Please see page one of each application for requirements and restrictions.
- Former HSC scholarship recipients may not reapply for these scholarships.
- Completed applications must be postmarked by April 15, 2016. Applications postmarked after this date will not be considered.
Scholarship winners will be notified in June.
For further information qualified candidates may call either Kathleen Altieri, at 860.832.6257 at the Hospital for Special Care Foundation, or Maria Pietrantuono, Chair, Scholarship Committee, at 860.827.4731.