Hospital for Special Care (HSC) offers five $2,500 scholarships annually to students pursuing initial degrees in nursing, healthcare professions and computer sciences.
The five scholarships are:
- The Rona Botwinick Nursing Scholarship
Established by Mr. Allen Botwinick, in memory of his wife Rona Botwinick.
- The Florence Timura Nursing Scholarship
Established by Michael Timura, in honor and celebration of his wife, Florence Timura.
- The Paul Sutula Nursing Scholarship
Established by Michael Timura, in memory of his wife’s father, Paul Sutula.
- The Gold Star Mother Elizabeth Timura Healthcare Professions Scholarship
Established by Michael Timura, in memory of his mother, Elizabeth Timura
- The John Timura Management of Information Systems Scholarship
Established by Michael Timura in memory of his brother, Pvt. John Timura, U.S. Infantry, who was killed in action fighting for the freedom of our country during World War II.
- Applicants must reside in the Greater New Britain area. (New Britain, Berlin, Farmington, Plainville, Newington and Southington)
- Eligible applicants: those students enrolling/enrolled in an associate degree or baccalaureate degree programs.
- Applicants must have a minimum of a 2.75 grade-point average on a 4.0 scale.
- Former HSC scholarship recipients may not reapply for these scholarships.
- Completed applications must be postmarked by April 18, 2014
Download the application
Candidates will be selected from the following categories:
- High school senior or community student
- HSC family member* of a benefits-eligible employee
- HSC volunteer or a family member* of the HSC volunteer
*(Family member is defined as spouse, child or grandchild)
Scholarship winners will be notified in June.
For further information qualified candidates may call either the Hospital for Special Care Foundation at 860.832.6257 or Maria Pietrantuono, Chair, Scholarship Committee, at 860.827.4731.
Completed forms must be postmarked by Friday, April 18, 2014.