The professional who oversee patient care include:
- HSC's team of physicians - psychologists, neuropsychologists, internists, pulmonologists, and physiatrists - who oversee patients' care plans and their unique medical need.
- Rehabilitation nurses - who integrate evidence-based practice into bedside care.
- Physical, occupational and speech therapists - who assess and develop individualized programs specific to the needs of the daily therapeutic needs of the patient.
- Case managers - who oversee the patient's plan of care from admission through discharge.
- Social workers - who collaborate with team members, provide psychosocial support and counseling to patients and their families. Social workers also identify and implement supportive services during hospitalization, in preparation for discharge.
- Additional team members include:
- Registered dietitians - who attend to the patients' nutritional needs.
- Respiratory therapists - who provide therapeutic interventions and perform diagnostic proceduresÂ to patients whose respiratory status is compromised as a result of lung disease or other complications due to their illness.
- A variety of allied health workers who support the professional team provide in providing high quality patient care.