- 2150 Corbin Avenue, New Britain, CT 06053
Hospital for Special Care President
Long-Term Acute Care Hospital
- One of 430 long-term acute care hospitals in the United States.
- Average length of stay is 90 days
Seven Areas of Specialization
- Pulmonary Care
- Acquired-Brain Injury Care
- Complex Pediatric Care
- Neuromuscular Care
- Spinal Cord Care
- Cardiac Care
- Diagnostic, assessment and consulting for children and adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- One of 35 centers in the U.S. certified by the ALS Association for the comprehensive treatment of ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease).
- One of only 5 centers in the country certified by both the MDA and ALS Associations for the care of ALS patients.
- ALS/MD clinical trials unit with a full-time physician researcher
- Hospital for Special Care's ventilator service is the second largest in the United States
- 205 beds at New Britain campus; 23 beds at Hartford satellite location ( St. Francis Hospital's Mt. Sinai campus)
- Medical Rehabilitation
- Spinal Cord
- Wound Care
- Acquired-Brain Injury
- Pulmonary Complex
Hospital for Special Care Foundation, Inc.
- A not-for-profit 501 © organization that raises charitable funds for Hospital for Special Care and its non-profit affiliates
- Dedicated to improving the lives of adults and children with physical and cognitive disabilities through philanthropy and grant funding
- Programs funded by the Foundation include:
- The Ivan Lendl Adaptive Sports Camp and a range of year-round adaptive sports programs for adults and children, including competitive wheelchair basketball, soccer, track and field and swimming
- Manes & Motions Therapeutic Riding Center, Inc. for adults and children
- Hospital-funded dental service for underserved community children
Center for Special Care, Inc.
- John J. Votto, D.O., F.C.C.P., President and Chief Executive Officer, Center for Special Care
- Parent company of Hospital for Special Care, HSC Community Services, Inc. and Hospital for Special Care Foundation, Inc.
- Tax exempt corporation