- Areas of Specialization
- About Us
- Patients & Families
- Contact Us
Center of Special Care is pleased to offer a Family Guest House for patients' family members who live outside the New Britain area so that they may stay near the Hospital for Special Care.
Family members may want to use the guest house
- When a patient's medical condition is changing;
- During the patient admission process;
- Prior to patient discharge, when family is learning home techniques for care; or
- When transportation difficulties prevent family from visiting a long-term patient.
HSC case managers prioritize requests for accommodations and arrange for family stays in the guest house. There is no charge for accommodations, although donations, when possible, to support the guest house are appreciated.
Features of the Family Guest House
- Each one-bedroom unit has a kitchenette, living area and full bathroom.
- Units accommodate up to four family members.
- The guest house is located on the Hospital for Special Care campus.
- One unit is wheelchair-accessible.
- Amenities include a telephone, television, clock radio and microwave oven.
Support of the Family Guest House
Family stays are supported by the generous donations of Center of Special Care employees and community members. Donations to the Hospital for Special Care Foundation to support the Family Guest House are appreciated. For more information, contact us. To contribute, you may use the envelope in the information packet you receive when you check in. You may also call or write:
Hospital for Special Care Foundation, Inc.
2150 Corbin Avenue
New Britain, CT 06053